- Our top 151) Devotees of the novel and film Perfume understand the passionate intensity bordering on obsession in the fragrance industry. Rome’s Arte Profumi is a jewel box boutique, dedicated to crafting soigné sensuous scents, displayed almost fetishistically, as contemporary olfactory artworks. Our fave? Fumoir, redolent of cigars and cognac: an explosion of peppercorn, leather, rose, amber, cypress and cumin. Indulge. arteprofumi.it
- 2) Six generations of Castors have produced wines from the magical, virtually unknown Cèze Valley in Languedoc-Roussillon. Their Gris de Nabor Rosé is a classic refresher, blending Grenache, Cinsaut and – sacre bleu sacrilege – Spain’s Tempranillo: beautifully balanced with pale salmon hue, delicious floral aromas, bracing minerality and red fruits kissed by honey seducing the palate. $14.99 chateau-saint-nabor.com
- 3) Cobble Beach Golf Resort, Georgian Bay, OntarioFore Canada…there’s a great golf option only two hours north of Toronto! Stay, play and dine at Cobble’s Beach. The Doug Carrick-designed course takes full advantage of waterfront views of scenic Georgian Bay and if you stay, since two hours after a great round might seem a bit of a drive, the resort’s cottages sleep six to eight guests and the chef whips up classical cuisine with modern innovation highlighting organic, local and seasonal ingredients. Score! cobblebeach.com
- 4) Discover7 Luxury Concierge is a high-end NYC luxury travel concierge company fulfilling every aspect of their discerning clients’ travel needs. From groups of millennials wanting to do Coachella in style to a family adventure trekking across Africa, Eric Grayson and team plan every intricate detail of the trip door-to-door, offering the clients insight, expertise and memorable curated experiences. discover7travel.com
- 5) Located in one of Latin America’s leading wine regions, the 16-room Entre Cielos (Between Heavens), a member of Small Luxury Hotels situated on 20 acres (including eight acres of Malbec vines) in the Mendoza countryside, is a fantasy destination for oenophiles and resort lovers alike. Doubles from $280. entrecielos.com
- 6) Your search for summer has ended: Soak up the sun in style at Boston’s hotspot – the Lookout Bar atop the Envoy Hotel. Sip on craft cocktails and beers while drinking in intoxicating views of the harbor and skyline, paired with fresh seasonal fare that will make winter a distant memory. theenvoyhotel.com/fooddrink
7) Exhibitionism, “playing” at London’s Saatchi & Saatchi Gallery, is the first international exhibition with, well, the stones to document the Rolling Stones’ 50-plus years as music/fashion/film icons. Over 500 authentic artifacts (audio tracks to album art, stage designs to diaries), interactive technologies, and displays on collaborations with Scorsese, Warhol, McQueen and others demonstrate how Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie shaped popular culture: a platinum hit! saatchigallery.com
8) Every turn at Faena Hotel on Miami Beach offers an elegant surprise: awaiting your vehicle at valet alongside music icon Emilio Estefan, gazing at an eccentric work of art/conversation piece, a fantastical cabaret in the hotel’s theater. The signature Faena red velvet decor references Art Deco and Old-World grandeur. And it’s all just a small part of the exotic expanse known as the Faena District. Doubles from $399. faena.com
- 9) La CompagnieWho’s coming with me to Paris for the weekend, in Business Class? Thought so. It’s that easy. This airline takes you from New York to Paris in comfort and style. It’s like having a private jet with the security of scheduled commercial flights. Shopping with the girls, a romantic weekend away or a random hop over to the continent. This carrier gets you there tested and in style.
- 10) Aperitif aficionados and Manhattan or Martini mavens, rejoice! La Quintinye Vermouth Royal comes in three varieties – rouge, blanc and extra-dry, distilled from the finest Pineau des Charentes, a rich palette of white wines and 18-28 plants, herbs and spices. The rouge roars down the palate with anise, fig and toffee while the blanc, garnished with an orange slice, is a supple summer sipper. From $32.99 laquintinyevermouthroyal.com
- 11) There’s another White House in the news…in the heart of wine country: Napa, California. Lark Hotels’ 17-room white-colonnaded charmer trumps the competition courtesy of chic decor, luxury gadgetry (love the fully loaded iPads with helpful suggestions on what to see, do and taste), a desirable downtown setting, sybaritic poolside spa and a café serving “tapas for breakfast” and wine…anytime. Doubles from $209. whitehouseinnnapa.com
12) Montreal blooms with summer food markets and Marché Jean-Talon, animating the Petite-Italie neighborhood since 1933, has blossomed into North America’s largest with roughly 300 vendors and 20 specialty boutiques from artisanal butchers to cheese-mongers. Travel isn’t complete without a taste of the local treats, and Montreal’s unique public markets transport shoppers to the Québec countryside farm life with every bite! tourisme-montreal.org
- 13) Part of London’s year-long, city-wide celebration of the Punk movement’s 40th anniversary and its subversive enduring influence on not just music, but the visual arts, fashion, literature and film, the British Library’s free Punked 1976-78 exhibition traces the beginning of the phenomenon that flouted convention – and continues changing the world – with the Sex Pistols and The Clash. Punk.London
- 14) Singita Sabora Tented Camp, Serengeti, Tanzania In the wild you find true nature and Singita operates 12 lodges and camps in five wilderness regions across three African countries that are sure to capture your attention and and awaken the luxurious beast within. Each one puts you in the midst of the experience and frames it so that you experience the luxurious nature of it all. This isn’t a theme park but more like a dream come to life. This takes glamping to an entirely new level. Experiences that leave you breathless and invigorated. Think of it as a swanky safari. You’re welcome. singita.com
- 15) St. Regis Langkawi, Malaysia Thinking about visiting the 99-island archipelago that is Malaysia? Turn your attention to Southeast Asia’s newest “ultra-luxury” resort, brought to life as only the St. Regis can deliver. A bespoke guest experience awaits. All the goodness of Malaysia wrapped in the luxe of a brand we’ve all come to know and love, marvelous! Pencil in a stay at some of St. Regis’ upcoming openings as well…Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; the Maldives; Changsha, China and Cairo, Egypt.