- South Africa is celebrated for safaris and Stellenbosch wines, not spirits, but Bain’s Cape Mountain Whisky beautifully channels Scotland’s national drink. Warm amber hue, toasted nut and tropical fruit aromas, satin-smooth and spicy on the palate: You’d swear you were in the Scottish Highlands not the Capelands. $29.99
- Birch Coffee, which opened two more NYC branches in March – bringing the total to eight, sports major eco-centric wood. Tree pits are turned into seating at the new Hunts Point outpost, for example, and counters recycled from local stores. But it’s really bred in the bean, with the finest estates sourced world-wide then roasted in New York. www.birchcoffee.com
- Don’t miss Hong Kong’s new hot spot for hot pot Kowloon-side: The Drunken Pot. Creative broths and quality ingredients combined with the requisite sake bombs give this chic and fresh new restaurant specializing in a time-old culinary tradition its cheeky name. www.thedrunkenpot.com
- ExoLens transforms your mobile device into a compact professional-grade camera, complete with interchangeable lenses and tripod mount. We Leica for almost any Canon-shot. iPhone 6s ExoLens Kit: $129.95; iPhone 6s Plus ExoLens Kit: $149.95; Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge ExoLens Kit: $129.95. www.exolens.com
- Drink in the panoramic views of the Chao Pharaya River and Bangkok skyline from Flûte: A Perrier-Jouët Bar, perched atop the 64thfloor of The Dome at lebua. Thai one on in style with Fleur and Petrossian caviar in the world’s highest alfresco Champagne bar. And that’s not just blowing bubbles out your…glass. www.lebua.com/the-dome
- Your new favorite swim-shorts: Brazilian-inspired, London-based beachwear by Frescobol. The tonsorial detail in their design give any guy a polished look. Rock these all around the resort… and anywhere you want to turn heads! $214.21 www.frescobolcarioca.com/shop/swimwear/tailoredshorts.html
- At a whopping 110 proof – something only the most talented bartenders (and drinkers) – can appreciate, Herradura’s latest tequila retains more agave flavor, causing a stir… in every sense. Sip neat or prepare the perfect margarita: Herradura Colección de la Casa Reserva 2015 – Directo de Alambique, limited time availability. $89.99.
- Immidia’s international platform smartphone app/website (available in English, French, Spanish, and more) offers “yachting at your fingertips,” providing immediate personalized luxury lifestyle interaction on the ground, in the air and at sea… with real live people. Telephone or type exotic destinations like Dubai and Mykonos for your travel preferences. www.immidia.com
- Banish the days of tangled cords in your luggage: The seamless Bluetooth capabilities of the sleek JBL Everest ELITE 700 noise-cancelling headphones change the energy of any environment so you can travel in tranquil style. $299.95. www.jbl.com
- Overlooking the fishing village of Port Soller and surrounded by the Tramuntana mountain range, the Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spahas unbeatable sunset views from various nooks, crannies and cushy lounges. Toast the end of a fabulous day with a soothing gin and tonic. Go early and stay late. www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/mallorca/jumeirah-port-soller-hotel-and-spa
- Mix it up at Le Soleil D’Or on Cayman Brac which now offers villas, rooms in its great house boutique hotel, two locavore restaurants and a kitchen for cooking classes. Known for its organic farm, the intimate yet luxe resort includes accommodations on a powdery beach paradise with excellent snorkeling. From $320.www.goldensuncayman.com
- We’re mooning over Luna, a relaxing rooftop venue offering cocktails with cojones and a tapestry of tapas on tap, alongside equally tasty views of San Miguel de Allende’s ever-changing colors and iconic skyline of the La Parroquia, spires and bell towers. www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/san-miguel-de-allende/dining/luna-rooftop-tapas-bar
- Foodie alert! The new Mussels ‘N’ Sausages in Astoria, Queens serves up the titular ingredients in unique international flavors and assortments, presented in Staub casseroles from owner Francis Staub’s former company. Creative craft cocktails and killer made-to-order apple tart help make this a spot even the most jaded Manhattanites will appreciate. 718-606-6532.
- Further energizing Sydney’s cutting-edge, inner-city suburb Chippendale, the Old Clare Hotel boasts a troika of top toques with its latest unveiling, Michelin-starred Brit chef Jason Atherton’s Kensington Street Social. The hotel’s unconventional luxurious yet raw design cleverly adapts and combines two iconic heritage-listed structures; expect anything from pop-up markets to neo-pop art exhibits within. www.theoldclarehotel.com.au/
- The glam, glittery 3,000 square-foot Prohibition bar in downtown Vancouver transports imbibers to the deliciously decadent Roaring Twenties, adding 21st-century glitz and – thankfully – substituting updated retro cocktails for bathroom gin (try the namesake Hotel Georgia). www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hotel-georgia-vancouver/dining/prohibition
- Tucked away in the foothills of the Santa Clara mountains near world-class vineyards, Rosewood CordeValle offers a lifestyle experience well above-par, whether you prefer challenging golf with stunning views, poolside lounging, sensuous spa treatments, or farm-to-table dining. From $389. www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/cordevalle-northern-california
- Luxury travel that frees body and mind – Be Here, Be Now – is more than great advice. Puerto Rico’s St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort offers a new meditation experience set amidst their tranquil and stunning natural environment. World-renowned Michael Miller’s expert Vedic Meditation tips and techniques will easily transfer back home. From $800. www.stregisbahiabeach.com
- Wine lovers, if you take a taste of your travels home, consider this unique modular storage design for your bottles. STACT is a functional wall rack that installs on any drywall surface. The perfect pairing of your wines and design. From $129 – $149. www.getstact.com
- Who says modesty can’t have pizzazz? Tatjana Anika’s slinky cover-up shows off just the right amount of skin. Don’t worry that your suntan is being upstaged by your kaftan as you indulge in an afternoon by the pool… simply bask in the glow. $299. www.tatjana-anika.com
- Your chance to dance – well, sleep – with wolves, while admiring the Northern Lights, has arrived. The new, rustic, classically Scandinavian Wolf Lodge in Narvik, Norway comfortably sits inside a wolf enclosure at Polar Park. Four-day, three-night “Night with the Wolves” Narvik itinerary from £2,299 per person (approximately $3,150 USD) based on four travelers. www.ILoveNorthernLights.com
- Get your white-sand therapy at Anguilla’s new Zemi Beach House, where each suite boasts an oceanfront balcony. Relax in the spa set in a centuries-old imported Thai house on stilts and recharge island-style with locally caught and grown ingredients. From $699. www.zemibeach.com
Subscribe to Swanky Retreats Magazine’s DIGITAL version. Read the latest issue online or download it to your computer.